It’s that time of year again, when we are all rounding things up before starting afresh in 2017. So, we thought you might like to read a few forgotten, less known or memorable facts about WJ Group and the people behind the company name:
1. WJ Group will be ten years old in 2017 – it’s come a long way since 2007. We’re thoroughly looking forward to the next ten years.
2. Whilst timber comprises most of our business, we make various metal components and furniture frames for the Hull caravan industry too.
3. WJ owns two timber treatment sites in Hull and Rochester. Where would you like a third one to be?
4. In 2016, WJ has pressure treated in excess of 120,000 cubic metres of timber (3,000 lorry loads) and manufactured 170,000 roof trusses for leisure homes. (sufficient for 5,500 caravans).
5. WJ Group can treat timber to National Highways Sector Scheme 4(NHSS4) in accordance with BS8417.
6. WJ expanded its transport fleet in 2016 and can now offer a collection and delivery service for treated timber.
7. A vacuum coating line runs at our Hull site and is ideal for coating long timber in bulk such as cladding.
8. MD, Mark Eggleston can now run a full marathon in 4 hours and 22 minutes. He might not want to repeat it though.
9. Operations Manager John Cook makes excellent Yorkshire Puddings.
10. DeckWright Anti Slip Inserts for timber decking are now widely available in retail outlets throughout the UK. This innovative brand helped WJ win a ‘Made in Hull’ award in 2016.